- Beat 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened, in large bowl of an electric mixer on medium speed until light, fluffy, and almost white in appearance.
- Add the apple butter and mix well. Then add in the 2 cups powdered sugar.
- Beat until well blended. Add more powdered sugar to stiffen the buttercream, or a bit of milk to make the buttercream more spreadable.
- Frost the Sponge Cake/Cupcakes using a knife, or decorate with an icing bag and tip (Wilton tip 1M) to make a pretty swirl.
- Add the diced Apple Bits and Apple Slices onto the frosting